Check out some of our great cooking ideas for Moran's Mega Jam.
- 450g ( 1lb ) minced beef
- 110g ( 4oz ) chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp salt & some pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg ( preferably free range)
Saute onions in butter until soft. Mix all the ingredients together well. Shape into cakes. Dip in seasoned flour and fry in oil turning as required until fully cooked. Top with tomatoes and grated cheese, then flash under the grill until the cheese begins to melt. Serve with Moran’s Country Relish.
Deep Fried Brie With Moran’s Red Onion Marmalade
- Source a good quality cheese – for example, brie - from your local farmers market.
- Cut into portion sizes.
- Crumb each piece, using flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Heat a deep fat fryer and carefully cook each piece.
- Drain on a piece of kitchen towel.
- Serve with Moran’s Red Onion Marmalade and a nice glass of wine.
Add some ground hazelnuts into the breadcrumbs for an added bite!
Victoria Sponge – Moran’s Raspberry or Strawberry Jam can be used in a Victoria Sponge - when you have your favourite sponge recipe created, you can place freshly whipped cream on one half and Moran’s Raspberry or Strawberry Jam on the other - a perfect treat for any household!